jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Adamo, Vince" <Vince.Ad...@vignette.com>
Subject RE: Merging result files from remote servers - AGAIN
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 15:36:27 GMT
Okay, thanks...I now understand my problem.  I was trying to accomplish
this using a central jmeter instance running in non-gui mode starting up
with distributed nodes running jmeter-server.bat.

Running independent instances of jmeter, though, does not appear to be a
desirable configuration.  I want to coordinate the start of each remote
server (and corresponding thread groups) so load is applied consistently
across the remote servers.

I suspect I need to look at the various remote batching modes.  Can
someone point to any documentation on these modes (other than what is in
the properties file)?

Thanks again,
Vince

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 10:30 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Merging result files from remote servers - AGAIN

If you run in non-GUI mode then files will be written locally.

e.g. create the test plan with NO listeners (or disable existing ones).
Copy to all remote nodes.
Edit jmeter.properties (or create user.properties) to define the
appropriate saveservice settings.

On each node, run the following:

  jmeter -n -t testplan.jmx -l testplan.jtl

Then combine the testplan.jtl files.

S.
On 21/05/07, Adamo, Vince <Vince.Adamo@vignette.com> wrote:
> My problem is actually getting jmeter configured properly so it
actually
> writes the data files locally to each remote server.

CSV