jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "David Schulberg" <David.Schulb...@objectconsulting.com.au>
Subject RE: Loop count > 1 doesn't works properly for thread groups
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 00:55:03 GMT
Hi,

I would have thought that the last thread would kick in after the ramp up time had expired.
The 5 requests associated with that thread would then run till completion. This would mean
that the test would run for 60 secs + time taken for 5 loop requests to complete which would
exceed 1 minute by the time taken to run the 5 requests..

David Schulberg
Object Consulting

________________________________

From: danisade [mailto:taype1917@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tue 17/04/2007 5:55 PM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Loop count > 1 doesn't works properly for thread groups

My initial configuration:
Num of users - 10
ramp up period - 60
loop count - 5

Every user should send request to my server.
I expected that every 6 sec 1 user(thread) will send request. This scenario
should executed 5 times.
Meaning the test should take 5 minutes and send 50 requests with 10 users

Actually the test takes only 1 minute (instead 5) every 6 sec  5 users send
their request together.
this is not what i want!!!

Can someone explain me what am i doing wrong?
If loop count = 1, the test runs exactly as i expected. I am using ver 2.2.