jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parameter value corruption
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:35:14 GMT
On 15/03/07, Olivier Schmitt <olivier.schmitt@agriculture.gouv.fr> wrote:

> >> The view string change for every page.
> >

> > Which is why I asked if you could try a simple test to extract the
> > string and see if it works in the following page if you switch off
> > encoding.
>
> As far as i know, the proxy construct HTTPSampler inside the following code :
>
>        public void run() {
>                HttpRequestHdr request = new HttpRequestHdr();
>                SampleResult result = null;
>                HeaderManager headers = null;
>
>                HTTPSamplerBase sampler = null;
>                try {
>                        request.parse(new BufferedInputStream(clientSocket.getInputStream()));
>
>                        sampler = request.getSampler(); (*)
>
>                        /*
>                         * Create a Header Manager to ensure that the browsers headers
are
>                         * captured and sent to the server
>                         */
>                        headers = request.getHeaderManager();
>                        sampler.setHeaderManager(headers);
>
> It seems the parameter is corrupted before the HTTP request is displayed in JMeter GUI
(*).
> So, i don't understand how "switch off encoding" in JMeter GUI can possibly solve my
problem.

Regardless of whether the JMeter proxy records the session correctly,
to be useful, the test plan must be runnable independently.

Therefore, you need to check that the viewstate can be captured OK in
a variable, and when the variable is used as the value in the HTTP
parameter section that is sent correctly.