jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Baffled with cookie manager
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:57:52 GMT
On 14/03/07, robert lazarski <robertlazarski@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm now trying to use the cookie manager to do the management for me,
> ie, not set the cookie manually. Here's what's confusing me:
>
> In the app run from a browser, firefox live headers shows that the
> splash page sets a cookie. The login passes the same cookie, Doing
> this with Jmeter, I have a test plan with these added to a thread
> group:
>
> 1) Cookie manager - no entries.
> 2) HTTP request --> Splash page
> 3) HTTP request --> Login
> 4) HTTP request --> Generic data request.
> 5) Results tree.
>
> So in the results tree, the splash page shows:
>
> Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=0DCBD82A086499D0736DF893472FF00D; Path=/
>
> However, the login page results tree shows a new cookie
>
> Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=B896AFE21E538E11D219023ACC1EDA66; Path=/

What Cookie is passed to the login page?

> Any idea how to get the same cookie from the splash page passed into
> all subsequent requests?

If the server sends a new value for an existing cookie, then JMeter
will send the new value - the old value will be lost. This is what
browsers do as well.

The question is - why is the login page returning a different cookie?
That depends on the server application and possibly some headers that
are sent or not sent by JMeter.