jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with WebService request
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:05:52 GMT
I'm guessing, but try removing the CDATA sections entirely.

I tried sending the amended XML to an Http echo server, and it does
not show any &lt; etc - that must be happening at the Weblogic end.

I don't think this is a problem with JMeter.

S.
On 09/03/07, Noam Paz <noam.paz@db.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for the suggestions.
>
> First to the suggestion quoting/protecting the ?xml and DOCTYPE sections:
> Yes, JMeter can process the request now, but it changes the content of the request in
such a way that the server (Bea Weblogic 8.1.5) can not process it.
> It quotes the "<?xml " and "<!DOCTYPE " to "&lt;?xml " and "&lt;!DOCTYPE
" and Weblogic throws a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException.

> About the suggestion to use the SOAP/XML-RPC Request instead: this has caused a java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
on the server. We are investigating on it.

> Any further suggestions are welcomed... :-)
>
> Thanks!
> Noam
>

>             sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
>
>             09.03.2007 14:51

                                                   "JMeter Users List" <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>

 cc

                     Please respond to

   "JMeter Users List" <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>

  Subject

                                                   Re: Problems with WebService request

> I've just realised what the problem is: CDATA sections cannot be nested.
>
> You need to protect the ?xml and DOCTYPE section separately from the rest.
>
> i.e.
>
>  <string     xsi:type="xsd:string">
> <![CDATA[
> <?xml version="1.0"  encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
> <!DOCTYPE Envelope SYSTEM "Envelope.dtd">
> ]]>
> <Envelope> <Version>1</Version>
> <Sender><ApplicationId>HtmlClient</ApplicationId></Sender>
> <Receiver><ApplicationId>FrontendService</ApplicationId></Receiver>
> <Content>
> <![CDATA[
>  <?xml version="1.0"  encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
>  <!DOCTYPE OrderAmountRequest SYSTEM "DTD/OrderAmountRequest.dtd">
> <OrderAmountRequest reduce="1"> <Header> <EntityId>DBK</EntityId>
> <Application>20</Application> <Version>33</Version> </Header>
<Order
> type="1"> <Portfolio> <Id>1234567</Id> </Portfolio> <SecAccount>
> <Id>1234567</Id> </SecAccount> <Security> <Id>710000</Id>
</Security>
> <Quantity>1</Quantity> <TradeType>A</TradeType> </Order>
> </OrderAmountRequest> ]]>
> </Content>
> </Envelope>
> </string>
>
> You can probably do the same with the Content CDATA - i.e. only
> enclose the xml and DOCTYPE parts rather than the whole lot.
>
> That will allow the request to be sent. However, whether it make sense
> to include these sections in a SOAP message, I have no idea.
>
> S.

> > Can you try this using the SOAP/XML-RPC Request instead?
> >
> > That does not seem to care what contents is provided.
> >
> > On 09/03/07, Noam Paz <noam.paz@db.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > This is just a rehash of the note(s) I sent 2 days ago, but I haven't seen
any response, and I really could use some help with this.

> > > What are the limitations on the soap message sent in the field Soap/XML-RPC
Data?
> > > More concrete:
> > > We send a message containing an XML request to be executed. In this XML request
there is a second XML request embedded in a CDATA section. See request 1 below.
> > > JMeter seems to have problems with XML in the request. It can not process it
and sends nothing. In the jmeter.log we see

> > > 2007/03/07 15:44:59 WARN  - jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.WebServiceSampler:
Error processing data: The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.
> > > 2007/03/07 15:44:59 WARN  - jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.WebServiceSampler:
[SOAPException: faultCode=Could not create document; msg=]

> > > As a workaround we tried to put the offending XML request entirely as a CDATA
section in our SOAP request (see request 2)

> > > Again, JMeter can not process the request.
> > > jmeter.log  reveals following info:
> > > 2007/03/07 11:11:58 WARN  - jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.WebServiceSampler:
Error processing data: The element type "string" must be terminated by the matching end-tag
"</string>".
> > > 2007/03/07 11:11:58 WARN  - jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.WebServiceSampler:
[SOAPException: faultCode=Could not create document; msg=]

> > > Are we doing something wrong?
> > > Do we stumble on limitations of JMeter?
> > > Any ideas/workarounds?
> > > Thanks!!
> > >

> > > Request 1 - the original request
> > > ================================
> > >
> > > <env:Envelope  xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
> > >  xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> > >  xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
> > >  xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
> > >  <env:Header>
> > >  </env:Header>
> > >  <env:Body   env:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
> > >  <m:execute    xmlns:m="http://mcbs.eur.deuba.com/service/ServiceRouter">
> > >   <string     xsi:type="xsd:string"><?xml version="1.0"  encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE Envelope SYSTEM "Envelope.dtd"><Envelope> <Version>1</Version>
<Sender><ApplicationId>HtmlClient</ApplicationId></Sender> <Receiver><ApplicationId>FrontendService</ApplicationId></Receiver>
<Content> <![CDATA[ <?xml version="1.0"  encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE
OrderAmountRequest SYSTEM "DTD/OrderAmountRequest.dtd"> <OrderAmountRequest reduce="1">
<Header> <EntityId>DBK</EntityId> <Application>20</Application>
<Version>33</Version> </Header> <Order  type="1"> <Portfolio>
<Id>1234567</Id> </Portfolio> <SecAccount> <Id>1234567</Id>
</SecAccount> <Security> <Id>710000</Id> </Security> <Quantity>1</Quantity>
<TradeType>A</TradeType> </Order> </OrderAmountRequest> ]]>  </Content>
</Envelope></string>
> > >  </m:execute>
> > >  </env:Body>
> > > </env:Envelope>
> > >

> > > Request 2 - the XML request is packed in the CDATA section
> > > ==========================================================
> > >
> > > <env:Envelope  xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
> > >  xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> > >  xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
> > >  xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
> > >  <env:Header>
> > >  </env:Header>
> > >  <env:Body   env:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
> > >  <m:execute    xmlns:m="http://mcbs.eur.deuba.com/service/ServiceRouter">
> > >   <string     xsi:type="xsd:string"><![CDATA[<?xml version="1.0"
 encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE Envelope SYSTEM "Envelope.dtd"><Envelope>
<Version>1</Version> <Sender><ApplicationId>HtmlClient</ApplicationId></Sender>
<Receiver><ApplicationId>FrontendService</ApplicationId></Receiver>
<Content> <![CDATA[ <?xml version="1.0"  encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE
OrderAmountRequest SYSTEM "DTD/OrderAmountRequest.dtd"> <OrderAmountRequest reduce="1">
<Header> <EntityId>DBK</EntityId> <Application>20</Application>
<Version>33</Version> </Header> <Order  type="1"> <Portfolio>
<Id>1234567</Id> </Portfolio> <SecAccount> <Id>1234567</Id>
</SecAccount> <Security> <Id>710000</Id> </Security> <Quantity>1</Quantity>
<TradeType>A</TradeType> </Order> </OrderAmountRequest> ]]>  </Content>
</Envelope>]]></string>
> > >  </m:execute>
> > >  </env:Body>
> > > </env:Envelope>
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren

> > > This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution
of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.