jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Coventon" <mattcoven...@iseinc.biz>
Subject RE: Calling a javascript from JMeter?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:34:53 GMT
Daniel,

JMeter does not have a way to execute Javascript.  But, do your Javascript
functions generate some HTTP requests?  If so, the best way is to
record/playback those HTTP requests and not worry about the Javascript
execution.  Or if the Javascript is changing a value in a form on the page
that is going to be used as part of an HTTP request later, just modify the
value in the actual HTTP request that is sent...no need to have the
Javascript actually execute.

>From a performance testing perspective, it is OK to not execute the
Javascript because it is run on the client side.

Regards,

Matt C.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rickardsson Daniel [mailto:darik@wmdata.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 10:25 AM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Calling a javascript from JMeter?

Hi!

Is there any way to call a javascript from JMeter?!

I have an application that calls a javascript function when you selects a
value in a select list. We have an onchange-event that fires off.

I also need to call/simulate a click on a link that fires off a call to a
javascript function.

If you have any experience of this, please come back to me.

/Daniel.