jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mr. B Obst" <b.1.al...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jmeter mail sampler Q&A
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 22:31:42 GMT
Thank you, for your help again Sebb, I just wanted to mention that this is a
pure base install, completely ordinary situation. Is anyone doing an IMAP
request, does this functionality work, does it have a unit test?

I have added a TreeView, and used Wireshark/Ethereal to view the
conversations. Here you can see, that the server error looks to be related
to communications. IO. I believe in analysis, the error is happening ouside
of the IMAP communication, on a socket level where the port or destination
for further IMAP is being lost.

I also spoke with our web programmer, who implemented the IMAP server and
got some feedback on my results. He said the options on JMeter Mail Sampler
for IMAP looked like POP3 commands. It is not possible to request 3
messages, or all messages, or simply delete them like in POP3. One must ask
for the folders, then ask for the contents of a folder, to delete a flag
must be set then affirmed to purge. He wondered if perhaps there is
something must be set in a file for IMAP properties instead.

Also alarming there is this error: checksum incorrect.. in the WireShark
Port143 wire trace.

RESULTS
-----------------------------
Thread Name: Thread Group 1-1
Sample Start: Mon Feb 05 14:19:15 PST 2007
Load time: 63
HTTP response code: 500
HTTP response message: java.io.IOException: Unknown encoding:

HTTP response headers:
--
imap://6124+victoria.jason.mgmt.vmi.com@jason
Request Headers:
--
* OK IMAP4 Service ready
A0 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 BINARY LITERAL+ STARTTLS UIDPLUS AUTH=LOGIN
A0 OK CAPABILITY completed
A1 AUTHENTICATE LOGIN
+ continue
NjEyNCt2aWN0b3JpYS5qYXNvbi5tZ210LnZtaS5jb20=
+ continue
MTIzNA==
A1 OK User logged in
A2 EXAMINE INBOX
* FLAGS (\Deleted \Recent \Seen)
* 2 EXISTS
* OK [UNSEEN 2]
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Deleted \Seen)]
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 10002]
A2 OK [READ-ONLY] completed
A3 LIST "" INBOX
* LIST (\Noinferiors) NIL INBOX
A3 OK completed
A4 FETCH 1 (BODYSTRUCTURE)
* 1 FETCH (BODYSTRUCTURE ("TEXT" "plain" NIL NIL NIL "" 0 0 NIL NIL NIL))
A4 OK completed
A5 FETCH 1 (ENVELOPE INTERNALDATE RFC822.SIZE)
* 1 FETCH (ENVELOPE ("Fri, 2 Feb 2007 23:03:51 +0000 (GMT)" "Voice message
from 4292 to 6124" ((NIL NIL "bobst" "voicemobility.com")) NIL NIL ((NIL NIL
"6124+victoria.jason.mgmt.vmi.com" NIL)) NIL NIL NIL NIL) INTERNALDATE
"02-Feb-2007 23:03:51 +0000" RFC822.SIZE 16891)
A5 OK completed
A6 FETCH 1 (BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (Newsgroups)])
* 1 FETCH (BODY[HEADER.FIELDS (Newsgroups)] {2}
)
A6 OK completed