jmeter-user mailing list archives

From jmeter list <jmeterl...@yahoo.com>
Subject using csv to drive a test
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 23:00:28 GMT
Hi All,
  How do I use a csv file to drive a test.
  I want to do something like this
  +for every line (or some other separator)
      -do something
  I'm using "CSV Data Set Config" element and able to read the first line, but what should
I do to make the test iterate through the file? Its probably a combo of loop controllers and
the csv config but I cant think of the way how they connect the two...

  here is a sample file im trying this with (i can access value for line 1 but it doesnÂ’t
iterate)

  1,
  2,
  3,
  4,
  5

  Whats the trick?

  Thanks in advance,
  Ken

  ps. I know how to do it all through beanshell (read in the file and iterate through each
line updating loop variables, etc) but wondering if there is an easier way through the use
of existing components...

Never Miss an Email