jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Brant <jbr...@real.com>
Subject log timestamp using jmeter.properties?
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 22:07:49 GMT
Hello, I'd like some help getting my log files timestamped in a human
readable format.

I am using jmeter 2.2 and my jmeter.properties file is configured as:

# Timestamp format
# legitimate values: none, ms, or a format suitable for SimpleDateFormat
jmeter.save.saveservice.timestamp_format=MM/dd/yy HH:mm:ss

But my log files are still showing the timestamp in ms not MM/dd/yy
HH:mm:ss. Is there any way to fix this?

I've tried using the JMeter timestamp_format parameter to specify
logentry on the command line
(from http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/LogAnalysis):

-Jjmeter.save.saveservice.timestamp_format="yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss"

and that doesn't work either. I have to manually convert each log entry
timestamp using this site:
http://www.fileformat.info/tip/java/date2millis.htm

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jon Brant