jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Jian Tong" <to...@Toronto.CBC.CA>
Subject RE: Question for proxy server
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 02:05:55 GMT
Hi Alan,

Thank you for your help. VPN is not my problem. But I probably would
give it a shot when I am working from in the future if you don't tell me
that. So your advice is really appreciated.

I just figure out what is wrong with my test plan. After I added a
pattern to include I didn't hit 'enter' and directly go to next step. I
just noticed it in Jmeter manual. But I think it would be more help if
there is an obvious indication about this in the proxy server interface.

Anyway, thank you very much.

Jian Tong

Jian Tong - QA
Production and Operations, CBC.ca
Extension:  3357
Location:    2C300-N
>>> "Christensen, Alan" <alan.christensen@hp.com> 02/09/07 6:51 PM >>>
Are you trying to record scripts while connected via a VPN?  I had
problems today forcing IE to go through the jmeter proxy when connected
over a VPN.  I set up IE to use "localhost" when I want to record
scripts.  This works fine when directly connected to the Internet.
However, this doesn't seem to work when connected over a VPN.  I think
the problem is that IE won't allow me to force the usage of "localhost"
when connected via a VPN.  I can check the box in IE/tools/Internet
options/connections to use "localhost" as the proxy, but it detects that
I am using a VPN and ignores the setting.  There is a note next to the
checkbox that says that the setting will not work over a VPN.  I never
noticed this text until I ran into this problem.

I don't know if you are testing over a VPN, but if so, this could be
your problem.  I think Firefox may allow you to force the usage of
localhost as the proxy in this configuration, but I have yet to try it.