jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "iblavins" <iblav...@temenos.com>
Subject RE: soap/xml-rpc sampler: transport-encoding chunked
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 09:24:31 GMT
G'day,

One way, but you'd have to really want to solve the problem, would be to
send the chunked message not to the web services container but to an
intermediate program that removes the chunking and sends the result on to
the web services container. It would also have to receive the response from
the web services container and forward it on to JMeter.

Alternatively you can write your own sampler.

I have a Java sampler that sends SOAP from a file. I also have a Java
program that acts as an intermediary between two other programs conversing
with HTTP/SOAP so it is all quite doable.

Ian Blavins
Contract Performance Engineer
Temenos

-----Original Message-----
From: mgt@gmx.at [mailto:mgt@gmx.at]
Sent: 31 January 2007 19:37
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: soap/xml-rpc sampler: transport-encoding chunked

hi,
i am trying to use jmeter to stress test a web service running in an older
version of our webservice container. this webservice container appears to be
unable to properly interpret the "transport-encoding: chunked" header that
the soap/xml-rpc sampler creates by default. is there a way to
configure/workaround/patch/hack the default behaviour of the sampler to send
the request in a non chunked way? is it possible to send http/1.0 compliant
requests (thus getting rid of the chunked encoding)?

any hints appreciated (i could also build my own patched version from the
source release)...

thanks in advance!

This email (and any attachments) contains confidential information, and is intended
only for the named recipient. Distribution or copying of this email by anyone
other than the named recipient is prohibited. If you are not the named or
intended recipient, please notify TEMENOS or the sender immediately and
permanently destroy this email (and any attachments) and all copies of it. No
member of TEMENOS Group AG or any of its associated or affiliated companies is
liable for any errors or omissions in the content or transmission of this
email. Any opinions contained in this email are solely those of the author and,
unless clearly indicated otherwise in writing, are not endorsed by any member
of TEMENOS Group AG or any of its associated and affiliated companies.