jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using csv to drive a test
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 00:11:10 GMT
Test Plan
+ Thread Group
+ + CSV Dataset
+ + Sampler using the variable

The CSV Dataset reads the next line every time it needs to - i.e. at
the start of the loop for each thread.

On 09/02/07, jmeter list <jmeterlist@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>  How do I use a csv file to drive a test.
>  I want to do something like this
>  +for every line (or some other separator)
>      -do something
>  I'm using "CSV Data Set Config" element and able to read the first line, but what should
I do to make the test iterate through the file? Its probably a combo of loop controllers and
the csv config but I cant think of the way how they connect the two...

>  here is a sample file im trying this with (i can access value for line 1 but it doesn't
iterate)

>  1,
>  2,
>  3,
>  4,
>  5
>
>  Whats the trick?
>

>  Thanks in advance,
>  Ken
>

>  ps. I know how to do it all through beanshell (read in the file and iterate through
each line updating loop variables, etc) but wondering if there is an easier way through the
use of existing components...