jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: xml/soap request sampler message folder file selection
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 01:01:36 GMT
On 04/02/07, mr_1978@juno.com <mr_1978@juno.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm using Jmeter to test webservices using the SOAP/XML Request sampler
> and am sending multiple files via the message folder feature.  It works
> great, but the question that I have is since it's selecting files
> randomly, does it possibly select the same file twice or three times?

That's random selection for you ... what you are asking is for a
random ordering of the files, which is different.

The code picks a random entry from the list of files.
It does not remove the file from the list, so it may be picked again.

> I'm trying to have the files that are in the folder only be sent once.
> ie. If I have the thread looping 100 times and there are 100 files in
> the folder that I'm pointing to, each file gets selected only once for
> submission.
>
> Is this a feature in the properties that can be set or is there a
> plugin that can make this possible?  I've been using google to try and
> find answers but haven't had any luck.

Create a file containing the names of the files you want to send, and
then read this file into a variable using CSVDataSet.