jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User Interface response time plugin
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 00:48:57 GMT
On 04/02/07, mr_1978@juno.com <mr_1978@juno.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm using Jmeter to test a UI which submits information via a form and
> displays the results in multiple frames within an HTML page which has
> ajax embedded in the HTML pages to only make requests to the server for
> information when necessary.

JMeter does not support Javascript in web pages, so AJAX routines will
not be invoked.

> I'm wondering if there is any way for me to capture the actual time it
> takes for the full page to load in the browser, versus the time it

JMeter is not a browser.

> takes for the client to receive the response? Are these considered the
> same in means of response time?  Also is there a way for me to capture
> the time it takes teach Ajax request to respond?

No idea what you mean by these times. JMeter measures:

Time to first response = Latency
Time to full response = Response time

JMeter cannot execute AJAX code. However, if you can work out what the
code does, you can create samplers for it.

Or you can try recording the session using the JMeter proxy or Badboy.

Check the manual and the Wiki.