jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Jian Tong" <To...@Toronto.CBC.CA>
Subject Re: http post request with xml file
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 22:36:02 GMT
Hi Sebb,

The error code I got is defined by our developers when a xml parser error occurs. For some
reason, I am not able to record this request using Jmeter-proxy.

Can you tell me what's sniffer and how to use it to check or log the xml data sent by Jmeter
? Will Jmeter log the xml file sent itself ?  I have seen a field named "Post Data" in View
Results Tree, but it's always blank, is that the expected behavior ?

Thank you

Jian Tong - QA
Production and Operations, CBC.ca
Extension:  3357
Location:    2C300-N

On 06/02/07, Jian Tong <TongJ@toronto.cbc.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if anybody ever successfully simulated a http post request
> with a xml file through Jemter. I have confirmed my xml file is absolutely
> in a valid format and it's working well with another http reuqest tool, but
> it always fails with Jmeter with a xml parse error. Should this be a bug ?

Depends.

What parse error are you getting?

Have you tried to compare the data sent by JMeter and the "other"
tool, e.g using a sniffer/proxy?