jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Jian Tong" <To...@Toronto.CBC.CA>
Subject Questions about http post request
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2007 22:30:00 GMT
Hi,

I have been trying to simulate http post requests with Jmeter. But I cannot understand the
results I got. My test plan is like this:

Test Plan
-Thread Group
--http default request
  server: www.qa.nm.cbc.ca
--http request
  path: testthenation/language/pretest/answers
  method: post
  files with the request: .../data1.xml
--view result tree

This xml file contains some data that the server will read and insert into database.

Before I tried with Jmeter, I use Curl to do the post request with the same server name, path
and xml file. All data are successfully picked and saved into the database. But when I tried
it with Jmeter, no data go to database. The following info is given by "View Results Tree"
listener:

(1) view results tree - Sampler result
Thread Name: Thread Group 1-1
Sample Start: Sun Feb 04 12:46:58 EST 2007
Load time: 190
HTTP response code: 200
HTTP response message: OK

HTTP response headers: