jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Fernando Donati" <ferna...@donati.com.br>
Subject [Newbie] Load test Java App passing bean as parameter
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 14:40:20 GMT
Hi all,

I've been reading the manuals for the last couple of days and playing around
with JMeter, but I'm still not sure about the best way to handle this
situation so I thought I'd send this email to the list.

I have a Java app that I want to test. So I'm using the Java Request Sampler
with a class I wrote that extended AbstractJavaSamplerClient. My Java app
expects a java bean to be able to execute and the bean's properties must be
set from the data in a CSV. So here's what I have in JMeter right now:

1) CSV Data set that reads the data
2) Java Request Sampler that passes all the parameters I need to the Java
Sampler Client as a comma separated list
3) Jar in lib/ext with a Java class (that extends the
AbstractJavaSamplerClient) that reads the parameters passed from JMeter,
creates the bean and sets its properties, before calling the Java app I want
to test.

My question is: is there an easy way to create this bean inside JMeter and
pass the bean as a parameter? Or must all parameters be strings? I took a
look at the Beanshell pre-processor, and I think I could probably create the
bean and set the properties there, but how could I pass it to my Java class?
Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

Thanks in advance,

Fernando