jmeter-user mailing list archives

From git <...@cubicalland.com>
Subject Re: Simulating 2 Browser Windows with the same
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 08:58:24 GMT
Andrew,

It is possible to simulate synchronised access to two different
servelets simply by putting samplers sequentially under the same thread.
Forcing Jmeter to asychronously hit the two servelets in such a way as
to simulate a race condition is much harder.  The problem is that you
can only 'ask' a thread to run, it is up to the operating system to
choose when it will actually perform a given task.

We have similar issues with some of our software.  The way that race
conditions are avoided for us is to use MS SQLServer transactions to
serialise access to shared data.  To test that this is working, I use
large numbers of threads  sequentially hitting different pages (which
shared data).  The threads are 'ramped up' so that the best chance of
race conditions is achieved.  I am only happy that there are no race
conditions when the test has run without data conflict for several
hours.  It is an inexact science - but it is all we have!

Cheers

AJ

www.cubicalland.com
www.nerds-central.blogspot.com