jmeter-user mailing list archives

From git <...@cubicalland.com>
Subject Re: http post request with xml file
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 17:30:57 GMT
Jian,

Unfortunately, the packet size is controlled by the networking system
you are using.  For example, the largest packet that can go over
Ethernet is 1.5K (that is part of the hardware).  The 65535 comes from
the fact that the packet size in IP is marketed with a 16 bit unsigned
integer.  So windump will not let you have a snarf longer than that, but
the packet splitting you are seeing is probably not due to the 65535
limit, it is due to the MTU (maximum transmission unit) of your network.

It is possible to write scripts to follow the packets as they are sent
and stitch them pack together into a stream. After all, this is what
winsoc is doing for you!  However, that kind of takes away from the
simplicity of the technique.

Good luck :-)

AJ