jmeter-user mailing list archives

From git <...@cubicalland.com>
Subject Re: User Interface response time plugin
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 09:55:19 GMT
Aaron ,

As Sebb said, the solution is to capture the communication between the
browser and the server via a JMeter proxy.  Although you might think of
AJAX as being different to 'normal' browser traffic, the web server sees
it as being identical.  So, once you have captured the requests that are
being sent via AJAX you can replicate them and time them as you would
other page load.  We at Project-Network do it all the time.

As well as the wiki and other JMeter help, you can check out
nerds-central
http://nerds-central.blogspot.com/2006/08/pushing-envelope-with-jmeter.html and http://nerds-central.blogspot.com/2006/09/pushing-envelope-little-more.html
both of which I wrote to get our team members started on this sort of thing.

Cheers

AJ