jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Nino Wael" <Nino.W...@sdk.sas.com>
Subject RE: While-Controller question
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:08:52 GMT
Yes, this seems to be a bit weakly described...

I have also read the documentation, and it seems as you can use some javascript to manipulate
variables with in jmeter. Your while controller should check a variabled, and then the post
processor should set the variable to true or false depending on the outcome of the http request
sampler.

I think you can run a beanshell post processor to manipulate the variable?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernhard Wellhöfer [mailto:Bernhard.Wellhoefer@gaia-group.com]
Sent: 28. februar 2007 10:19
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: While-Controller question

Hello,

I have one question regarding while controllers:

What I need is a while controller which has one HTTP request sampler as only child. E.g. a
post processor to the HTTP request checks whether the response body contains a specific text.
If yes the while controller should stop and if not the while controller should continue to
call the HTTP request sampler. Here the simple test tree:

While Controller (loop until Post Processor detects a specific text in the response)
    HTTP Request Sampler
        Post Processor

I read the whole JMeter documentation, but have no idea how to implement this feature in JMeter.

Thx in advance,

Bernhard