jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Aliasgar S Hararwala" <aliasgar.hararw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter on Extranet Environment?
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 14:51:23 GMT
Thanks Sebb for your reply,

There still is a problem with the below question.

1. How does JMeter work for extranet applications? Any link or pointers
would be greatly appreciated. The extranet links that I am suppose to be
working are of the format
http://xxxxxx/xxxxxx/homepage .aspx (there is no domain name specified as
such), how  does JMeter recognize urls with no proper domain naming
convention?
Ans (from sebb): JMeter does not care if you use FQDN or dotted IP or plain
names - the
host name is anyway resolved by the underlying JVM.

My Env: I have Java SDK 1.4 installed on my C: , and the JAVA_HOME
environment variable is also set appropriately. But still the FQDN does not
work. JMeter gives me a 404 response code. But, this works fine when I hit
the URL directly. So, I assume with the SDK installed there is no problem
with the JVM

Note:
(1) My Internet/Extranet at office runs of a proxy server on port 3128 (I
have invoked JMeter with the appropriate JMeter command from the command
prompt: jmeter -H xx.xx.xx.xx -P 3128)

(2) There is another extranet application with a dotted IP name, which works
fine. Hence, I was under the impression that the FQDN was the problem

Awaiting your response

Regards,
Ali