jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Skyler.Bing...@londen-insurance.com
Subject Re: JDBC connection pooling - should it be used at all?
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 20:50:34 GMT

I use the JDBC Connection Configuration element to define a connection
pool, then use the pool to access database resources via beanshell to add
some "intelligence" to my load tests.  This allows me to script dynamic
load tests that can behave differently depending on the state of the
application, users, etc.  This is probably not it's intended use, but it
comes in handy.

Skyler Bingham
skyler.bingham@londen-insurance.com
(602) 957-1650 x1139

             sebb
             <sebbaz@gmail.com
                                       "JMeter Users List"
             01/03/2007 12:33          <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         JDBC connection pooling - should it
               "JMeter Users           be used at all?
                   List"
             <jmeter-user@jaka
              rta.apache.org>

The JDBC Sampler currently uses a connection pool. This means that a
single connection may potentially be used by different threads at
different times.

Seems to me that this is somewhat at odds with using JMeter to
simulate multiple independent users - the threads (users) are not
fully independent.

Is there any need for JMeter to support connection pooling at all?

Does anyone have a use case that requires connection pooling?

S///

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail
is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or
agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication is strictly prohibited.  If you are not one of the named
recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you received this
message in error, please immediately notify security@londen-insurance.com
 by e-mail, and destroy the original message.  Thank You.