jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Skyler.Bing...@londen-insurance.com
Subject Re: JDBC connection pooling - should it be used at all?
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 17:48:16 GMT

It only matters from a performance perspective, because it would be
expensive to create new connections for each thread.  Because I am not
testing the database, it doesn't really matter if the connections are
shared.  I can see a case for using a connection pool for load testing a
database though, because creating DB connections is expensive, and the
shared connection pool would allow "users" (threads), to spend more time
slamming the DB and less time managing connections.

Skyler Bingham
skyler.bingham@londen-insurance.com
(602) 957-1650 x1139

sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote on 01/04/2007 04:30:46 AM:

> Interesting - of course one could do it all in BeanShell, but saves
> code to do it your way.
>
> Does it matter to you whether or not the connections are shared
> between threads?
>

> On 03/01/07, Skyler.Bingham@londen-insurance.com
> <Skyler.Bingham@londen-insurance.com> wrote:
> >

> > I use the JDBC Connection Configuration element to define a connection
> > pool, then use the pool to access database resources via beanshell to
add
> > some "intelligence" to my load tests.  This allows me to script dynamic
> > load tests that can behave differently depending on the state of the
> > application, users, etc.  This is probably not it's intended use, but
it
> > comes in handy.

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail
is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or
agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication is strictly prohibited.  If you are not one of the named
recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you received this
message in error, please immediately notify security@londen-insurance.com
 by e-mail, and destroy the original message.  Thank You.