jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sangeetha <ma...@comneti.com>
Subject help need for proceeding jmeter...
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 09:43:42 GMT

Hi,

    I need some ideas about jmeter.Here below i explain what are the
procedures i followed for using jmeter.

              1 first i set the path for jmeter in environment variable
settings(d:/jmeter/bin/).is it right?if any other classpath or path
variables are set?
              2.after that i start my tomcat server and copy my application
jars from server and paste it into the jmeter/lib/ext....
              3.Then next am using windows so i run jmeter.bat file ,and
also get the jmeter screen.Here i have entered thread field,and right
click--->choose http requests.
              4.In this http request screen servername:localhost,  port :
8080 , path :/application/LoginPage.jsp
              5.then next i choose http defaults request field and entered
the same details as http request.
              6.Then select view tree ,view result in table and graphical
view in liseners.
              7.Save this test plan and run---->start

i dont get any exception...but my application doesn't open...only jsp page
is available in the tree view...but when i give username and password and
click the login button it doen't go to the next page.
In my application it is fully gui based ...it dont have any webpages for
gui...webpage is only used for running through browser.but login page have
only the address bar...the next directly it goes to the GUI.

      So can anyone give me the clear idea about how to go next step....Then
also tell me all the about steps are correct or wrong ...If any steps i
missed give me that step.

Thanks in advance
sangeetha