jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Anjaneyulu Aerrolla" <aaerro...@sapient.com>
Subject RE: HELP - Passing PArameters
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 03:13:29 GMT
Hi DK,

	The function helper dialog is a just a tool for helping with the
syntax, if it's not working you can still continue with the steps 6, 7
mentioned by Mahesh, but how ever if you want to look into the problem
why it's not generating then have a look at the jmeter.log file in
$J-METER_HOME/bin  folder .

Thanks

Anjan | Associate Technology | Sapient | Bangalore, India

aaerrolla@sapient.com | +91 80 41047003 (work) | +91 9886619293 (cell)

-----Original Message-----
From: asn_dileep [mailto:asn_dileep@yahoo.co.in]
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 8:14 AM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: HELP - Passing PArameters

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for your information and here are my queries.

I've created csv file with username in one colunm and password in one
column
and placed it in bin folder.
1) In function parameter window, I've choosen a '__CSVRead' from
dropdown.
2) I've entered file name as test.csv and 0 as column number.
3) Now I clicked on 'Generate' button. Script getting generated as
'${__CSVRead(,)}'. But it should be like '${__CSVRead(test.csv,0)}'
right ?.
Can you suggest me, where is the problem ?

Thanks in advance.

mahesh kumar-3 wrote:

> Hi DK,
> For passing values like user name and password use user parameter
file.

> This is the solution for u r problem:
> 1. go to options->function  Helper Dialog
> 2. Choose a function----CSV Read
> 3. Then create one csv file(Ex: login.csv) in JMETER bin folder.That
file
> contains first coloum as username and second coloum password.
> 4. In function parameters,function name is csv file name and coloum
number
> is 0;
> 5. Then click on Generate button.then it will genrate one
> function(${__CSVRead(login.csv,0)}) copy this function.
> 6. Then add userparamer(Add->preprocessor->userparameter) to the
thread
> group.
> 7. click on add variable.In parameters list enter name
filed(Ex:Username)