jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patterns to include for Ruby on rails app for recording script using proxy server
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2007 11:35:31 GMT
On 27/01/07, git <git@cubicalland.com> wrote:
> OK - I am just running past may computer and I have no idea why I think
> this might work - but it rings a bell...
>
> [.]rb$

I think that just means the character class containing ".". i.e.

\.rb$

> I think that .* matches everything and eats your match to .rb.  JMeter

No, the .* applies to the target, not the regular expression.

Any characters in the regular expression after the .* have to be
present for a match to occur.

> uses greedy matching (the normal) unlike the lean matching thing that
> Perl can do (but I have forgotten how to with PERL - arrrg - grey hair
> spreading over my head).

Greedy matching just means that it will look for the last possible
match in the target.

So .*na will match the whole of banana, not just bana.

.*?na is non-greedy, and would match bana

.*na$ and .*?na$ will both match banana, because the $ means the na
has to be at the end, and there is only one end here (unlike a
banana).

> Cheers
>
> AJ
>
> On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 15:44 +0530, Sukumar Durairajan wrote:
>
> > I am trying to record using proxy server for a Ruby on rails application
> > in Jmeter. In the patterns to include, I added .*\.rb and .*\.rhtml.

Looks OK.

> > But still nothing is recorded after I complete a set of actions in the
> > application.
> >
> > Any solution to this quickly is very much appreciated.

Does the matching work for other types of pages?