jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: intro and question about jdbc load tests
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 20:10:28 GMT
On 09/01/07, Alexander Wallace <aw@rwmotloc.com> wrote:
> Hi all! New to the list here so please be patient ;)
>
> I need to write a load test against a mysql database... I have
> obtained queries created by our application, i logged all queries
> generated by a regression test.
>
> It would be fairly simple to write a small program to generate the
> xml that represents the test off of the cleaned up logs... One thing
> i want to find out is if something like this already exists or I
> should go ahead and write it...

There's nothing in JMeter.

But see below.

> If so, my idea was to simple create an xml file, but chances are
> there is an object (a test?) that i can instantiate and set stuff on
> it that would generate the xml for me?
>
> Further more, should this be written in a way that can be used as a
> plugin in jmeter ? (i'll need more assistance here if this is a
> desirable thing).
>
> Additionally... My load test will have 7k+ queries... which if i
> follow this path will end up in a test with 7k+ jdbc samplers... I
> bet that uses a lot of memory.... Is this adviseable?

Not advisable - but see below.

> How hard would it be to write a plugin that would simulate N jdbc
> samplers out of a file (1 qry per line)? It would be nice that it
> could use also a csv file to customize each sampler....

Why not just use CSV Dataset to pass in the query details?

The file can be as big as you like, and you can use the variables in
the JDBC sampler.

The JDBC Sampler allows the Query Type to be a variable, so you can
even mix SELECTs and UPDATEs [for DELETE use UPDATE].

I suggest you try and see how you get on with this before starting to
write any XML.

S.