jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter on Extranet Environment?
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 20:40:35 GMT
On 05/01/07, Aliasgar S Hararwala <aliasgar.hararwala@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a couple of questions
>
> 1. How does JMeter work for extranet applications? Any link or pointers
> would be greatly appreciated. The extranet links that I am suppose to be
> working are of the format
> http://xxxxxx/xxxxxx/homepage.aspx (there is no domain name specified as
> such), how does JMeter recognize urls with no proper domain naming
> convention?

JMeter does not care if you use FQDN or dotted IP or plain names - the
host name is anyway resolved by the underlying JVM.

> 2. How do I performance test a page that has a form to be filled? Which
> Sampler in JMeter provides this functionality? Any pointers h

You have to add the appropriate parameters to the HTTP Sampler. Might
be easiest to use the JMeter proxy to generate the test from a
recording. See the documentation.

> 3. How do I clear up my results from any listener without closing it and
> opening it back? When I am developing jmx scripts, I keep checking the
> listener every time I add a sampler (just to see if it works fine). And
> hence in this debugging mode I constantly need to clear the results in the
> listener. Please guide me as to how do I go about doing this?

Edit/Clear or ^E