jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDBC connection pooling - should it be used at all?
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 18:24:42 GMT
Yes, it is expensive to create new connections, but it would only have
to be done once for each thread.

If there are several threads doing database samples and not much else,
then it is likely that there will need to be one connection per thread
anyway to avoid threads having to wait for a connection to become
available.

This can be "solved" by making the thread pool at least as big as the
number of threads, but then there is not really any need for the
pool...

JMeter could be changed to make the connection pool optional.

I just wonder whether JMeter really needs the pooling code at all.

S///