jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Open .jmx in eclipse
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:33:20 GMT
On 02/01/07, Mat Schaffer <schapht@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up eclipse so I can open the jMeter test files just
> by clicking on them.  But googling for the info hasn't proved
> fruitful.  So my questions are...
>
> (1) Is there a way I can coax jMeter to run in a cwd other then it's
> own bin directory?  Although the startup script looks like it
> provides the full lib path I run into the following problems that
> look like it's being ignored inside the app:
>
> java.lang.Throwable: Could not access /Users/lib
>         at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.<clinit>(NewDriver.java:77)
> java.lang.Throwable: Could not access /Users/lib/ext
>         at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.<clinit>(NewDriver.java:77)
> java.lang.Throwable: Could not access /Users/lib/junit
>         at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.<clinit>(NewDriver.java:77)

I assume that you are using some form of Unix-like OS?

Looks like it is not finding the JMeter home directory.

It tries to do this by looking at the property "java.class.path",
which is expected to be

some_path/ApacheJMeter.jar

as set by the -jar xxxx parameter

if the classpath has more entries, then it uses "user.dir".

In both cases the JMeter home directory is taken to be the parent of the above.

It's vital that the jmeter script and JMeter jar are both located in
the bin directory.

> (2) Is there a way I can tell jMeter to open a test plan on startup
> rather than just opening a new plan?  Just providing the file as an
> argument doesn't seem to do it.

-t testplan.jmx

should work.