jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DataBase Testplan
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 12:28:17 GMT
On 02/01/07, Yeruva <brhm_anand@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All
> I opted jMeter for  Database performance testing . I have one question like
> is there any way to insert  records(10000's of records) in to DB using
> jMeter ?

Yes, but it is likely to be much, much slower than using the database
utilities which are designed for the purpose of bulk loading.

JMeter can read variable data from files (CSV Dataset config) or
generate variable data using counters, and this could be used to do
the loading, but I don't recommend that approach.

> .and one more question is can we can get the details of the cpu and
> memoy usage during the record retrival and updation operations ??

If the database engine supports internal procedures to return this
information, then it might should be possible. Otherwise no.

For example, Ingres has a dbmsinfo() function that can return CPU and
I/O details for the session.

The problem is that the same session is not necessarily used for all
SQL samplers in the same thread - the database pool might return a
different session each time.

But you might be able to include the calls in the samplers.