jmeter-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From git <...@cubicalland.com>
Subject RE: Why did the recorded HTTP Request sampler concatenate POSTparameters?
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2007 09:56:55 GMT
Thanks for letting us know.  I might look into that one to make sure it
does not confuse any of our team.

Cheers

AJ

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 09:36 -0500, Okorn, Gregor (SAIC) wrote:

> Strangely, despite the fact that the POST parameters were concatenated
> into one parameter, as depicted in the 'Send Parameters With the
> Request' table of the HTTPRequest sampler that was generated by the
> HTTPProxyServer, when I later ran the TestPlan the POST took the effect
> that I wanted.  
> 
> I didn't expect that HTTPRequest sampler to still work, but the POST
> actually did happen.  I then noticed that the 'View Results Tree /
> Request' tab showed the POST data with each parameter on a separate line
> - so maybe it's just a bug in the way the 'Send Parameters With the
> Request' table is populated?  
> 
> The good news is that running the TestPlan does result in a correct POST
> action for that Sampler, despite the confusing display of the POST
> parameters in that table.
> 
> Thanks for your input,
> Gregor
> 
> 
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: git [mailto:git@cubicalland.com] 
> > Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 4:42 AM
> > To: JMeter Users List
> > Subject: Re: Why did the recorded HTTP Request sampler 
> > concatenate POSTparameters?
> > 
> > Gregor,
> > 
> > At first glance it looks like there is some problem with your 
> > post parameters, which is odd as they are coming out of firefox.
> > 
> > POST and GET normally have the same encoding, the only 
> > difference being the in GET the encoded string goes after on 
> > the URL and for POST is comes after the blank line that 
> > indicates the end of the headers.  Thus, for both POST and 
> > GET, the end of a parameter is signalled by either the end of 
> > the encoded string or &.  There are no & between your 
> > parameters, so JMeter is correctly (IMHO) assuming that the 
> > entire encoded string to the left of the first = is one value.
> > 
> > There is not 100% solid specification for CGI encoding - 
> > which is kind of odd as half the world runs on it now - so 
> > one could reasonably argue that line separators can count as 
> > parameter separators - but it is not 100% agreed - as you have found.
> > 
> > Is this POST coming from an XMLHTTP request.  If this the 
> > case, the javascript that generated the request should put & 
> > not newline between paramters.
> > 
> > Cheers
> > 
> > AJ
> > 
> > On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 16:28 -0500, Okorn, Gregor (SAIC) wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi All,
> > > I just started used JMeter, and was happy to discover its 
> > ability to 
> > > record navigation sequences while a user browses a website, but was 
> > > confused when I learned that after it had finished, and I inspected 
> > > the generated HTTP Request for a POST action, there was only one 
> > > parameter entry.  In actuality there should have been five POST 
> > > parameters, but what JMeter did was concatenate all parameter 
> > > name/value pairs, starting with the second parameter, to 
> > the Value of 
> > > the first parameter.  Here's the POST request I captured 
> > using Ethereal:
> > > 
> > > POST /JPERMS/dwr/exec/permissionModel.toggleCell.dwr HTTP/1.1
> > > Host: 10.20.20.240:7001
> > > User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; 
> > > rv:1.8.0.9)
> > > Gecko/20061206 Firefox/1.5.0.9
> > > Accept:
> > > 
> > text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/pl
> > > ai
> > > n;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5 Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
> > > Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
> > > Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
> > > Keep-Alive: 300
> > > Connection: keep-alive
> > > Content-Type: text/plain
> > > Content-Length: 138
> > > Cookie:
> > > 
> > JSESSIONID=ljKkF5ZhLdGjsqF913nkK5Lb9gDmrsYWvRLC93MJ5grtVjpVfjzW!-39150
> > > 08
> > > 91
> > > Pragma: no-cache Cache-Control: no-cache
> > > 
> > > callCount=1
> > > c0-scriptName=permissionModel
> > > c0-methodName=toggleCell
> > > c0-id=190_1169758559821
> > > c0-param0=number:3
> > > c0-param1=number:1
> > > xml=true
> > > 
> > > 
> > > And when inspecting the corresponding HTTP Request sampler 
> > generated 
> > > by JMeter, there was one POST parameter with the
> > > 
> > >  Name: "callCount" with a
> > >  Value:
> > > 
> > "1c0-scriptName=permissionModelc0-methodName=toggleCellc0-id=190_11697
> > > 58 559821c0-param0=number:3c0-param1=number:1xml=true"
> > > 
> > > Does anyone know what the problem could be?
> > > Thanks so much?
> > > Gregor
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> > > For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > 
> > www.cubicalland.com
> > www.nerds-central.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> 
> 

www.cubicalland.com
www.nerds-central.blogspot.com




Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message