jmeter-user mailing list archives

From git <...@cubicalland.com>
Subject Re: will jmeter test update my DB?
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 09:00:24 GMT
On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 23:54 -0800, cvm wrote:

> I'm using jmeter to run all my web pages, however may i know will it update
> my DB if i have data input in my forms?

Dood,

JMeter will behave just like a user.  So if a user would update the DB
by submitting forms, so will JMeter.

When we use JMeter or scripts for unit and regression tests, we have a
special DB that is in a know state before the test.  The testing is done
on an offline test box.  If you want to test an online system you will
need to have a 'test user' or some such who's data can be reset and then
altered without affecting the proper users.

Cheers

AJ

www.cubicalland.com
www.nerds-central.blogspot.com