jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Narayan Sabnis" <n_sab...@hotmail.com>
Subject JMeter: Windows Authentication
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 05:20:31 GMT
I am doing a performance test on an application which has windows
authentication.

HTTP Authorization manager settings
Base URL	: https://<server IP:port>/rootfolder (should this be ONLY the IP
address of server?)
Username  	: domain-name/username
Password	: domain password

HTTP Request defaults settings
Server name  : IP address
Port No	   : 80
Protocol        : https

After this, if I run the script, it pops up a dialog box for password but
doesn’t really take any action. Can somebody please provide any detailed
pointers for handling windows authentication through JMeter?

Sample flow of application for your reference
1. User opens Internet explorer and hits the URL of application
2. It pops up a windows user ID / password dialog box where user enters the
details
3. Home page of application is showed to the user
4. From there user takes flow of a standard shopping cart application.

Narayan