jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Christensen, Alan" <alan.christen...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Simple question but no answer
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 20:09:11 GMT
Have you looked to see where the csv file gets stored on each of the
jmeter servers?  Perhaps there is a way to use relative addressing
somehow in your original script to cause Jmeter to pull the data from a
location other than the place where it stores the file (taking advantage
of a bug).  Or maybe the process of running the scripts remotely
wouldn't overwrite the file if one was already there with the same name.
Perhaps Sebb knows of a hack that could solve your problem.

I know that this is an ugly solution, but would it be possible to
simultaneously run the tests from the jmeter servers without controlling
them from your client?  You would need to combine the listener results
and log files together from the two machines, but at least it would be
easy to use two different csv files.

-----Original Message-----
From: socio_pal [mailto:socio_pal@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 11:38 AM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Simple question but no answer

Hi:
I have a client and 2 jmeter servers. If i want to use different csv
files for each instance of jmeter, is there any way to mention it,
before I start the servers. As of now, the servers seem to use the data
file that I have configured in the client't Subscriber Data config
sampler. But is there any way to let each instance know which data file
that they should be using.

This seems like a simple question to which I couldn;t find a solution
to.
Hasn't anyone faced this problem before. I can complete my performance
testing if I could get an answer to this.

Thanks