jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Lin" <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Throughput in Aggregate report
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 01:29:41 GMT
jmeter will measure the requests per second. that isn't the same as pages
per second for a couple of reasons.

1. a page may have multiple images and stuff embedded
2. images are cached by the browser the first time it's loaded
3. not every page is the same, so page per second a poor measurement of load
4. bytes per second or requests per second is a better measurement
5. what happens when the pages change and a page ends up having more images?

loadRunner is a good product. Pages downloaded per second isn't all that
useful from a capacity and planning perspective. It is much better to
measure bytes/second and requests/second.

my bias opinion.

peter