jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to use a changing incoming file with JMeter
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 14:46:12 GMT
On 08/12/06, Sutailga <cecmillet@free.fr> wrote:

> I tried with this content in the filename area :
>
> C:\Charge\CreerDepot_XML_entrants\CreerDepotRequete000.xml
> instead of
> C:\Charge\CreerDepot_XML_entrants\${XmlIn}
>
> which file doesn't exist (I numbered my files from CreerDepotRequete001.xml
> to CreerDepotRequete030.xml for the first test) and I get the same error.

Are there any error messages in jmeter.log?

It might be worth changing the file path to

C:/Charge/CreerDepot_XML_entrants/

because Java can be funny about \ characters in file names.

> Is it possible the test doesn't work because JMeter waits for a specific tag
> at the beginning of the XML files ? here are the first 3 lines of one of my

No - JMeter does not read the contents of the files.

> files just as an information (I can't give more because of the data security
> policy in my company)
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <ListeCreerDepotRequete>
>        <CreerDepotRequete>
>                <idDepot>CECILE00001C11D0A76500A0C91E6BF6</idDepot>
>
> This parameter idDepot is the one we have to put as a primary key in the
> database and makes us use different XMLs for each thread

I suggest you try to get the contents of the request correct in the
text box on the screen first, and then transfer the whole contents to
a file.

The above XML does not have a SOAP envelope - see

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#WebService(SOAP)_Request