jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IO Exception under load
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 13:29:47 GMT
On 07/12/06, Choudhury@labware.com <Choudhury@labware.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>              my test works fine for moderate loads(ie if i keep number of
> threads to 100 or so). but under heavy load (300 or more) I see that most
> of the threads are dying. I dont think they are making a round trip to the
> server.  In that case I would have got some errors in application log file
> or tomcat's log file. I am not getting any. Rather I see an exception
> message in Jmeter log file and see that the threads are stopping.The
> following three  errors are seen in and  basically they are repetitive:Any
> idea as to what is going wrong here?

The server host seems to be failing to respond - maybe the request is
not even reaching the application.

If you want to eliminate JMeter as a possible cause, then one way to
do this is to run two separate JMeter instances with the same total
load. If each runs OK on its own, but fails as before when run at the
same time, then the problem is not JMeter.

> 1. 2006/12/08 03:56:07 INFO  -
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector: I/O exception
> (java.net.BindException) caught when processing request: Address already
> in use: connect
> 2006/12/08 03:56:07 INFO  -
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector: Retrying request
>
> 2. 2006/12/08 03:57:36 INFO  -
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector: I/O exception
> (org.apache.commons.httpclient.NoHttpResponseException) caught when
> processing request: The server 192.168.0.10 failed to respond

This strongly suggests that the server is the source of the problem.