jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Bruno Cosnefroy" <bruno.cosnef...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with jmeter relote testing on Red Hat AS4
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:39:29 GMT
Hi,

Thanks Ivan for your response.
I've found the solution to my problem.

In order for the rmiregistry to work properly (and consequently the
jmeter-server), the ipadress and hostname have to be correctly
configured in the /etc/hosts file (not only 127.0.0.1).
They were not on my server!

Now it works from a computer with no firewall between jmeter and jmeter-server.
On another computer with a firewall between the computer and the
firewall it doesn't work.
The firewall is opened is the direction: jmeter -> jmeter-server but
is closed in the other one.

The test are received by the jmeter-server but it can't send results
to the jmeter-client.
I get a java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out on the
jmeter-server logs.

Is it required to open communication from jmeter-server to
jmeter-client for remote testing to work?

If yes:
It seems that the port used by the jmeter-client to connect to the
jmeter-server is not always the same. Is it possible to configure the
jmeter-client to use a defined port (in order to open it in my
firewall from jmeter-server to jmeter-client)?

Bruno