jmeter-user mailing list archives

From <Gantcho.Kojuha...@mail.ing.nl>
Subject RE: regular expression extractor problems
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 08:52:22 GMT
Oops! Posted on the worng thread. Sorry about that. Here I go again:

For testing regex I'd really recommend http://rexv.org/ - it is a great
online regex evaluation engine with support for different regex systems
and modifiers.

Cheers!
Gantcho

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Schmitt [mailto:kyleaschmitt@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 5:16 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: regular expression extractor problems

Ahh, I found my problem using the
http://jakarta.apache.org/oro/demo.html page's applet to test my regex
(oro is a bit different than other regex engines I think..) This maybe a
touch long, but I hope this will help other folks who've struggled with
the regex extractor.

My original  was
SelectRow('${major}|(.+?*)
It matched nothing

The first fix was
SelectRow\('${major}|(.+?)
This was showing a match on each and every part of the string to match
(one for the first chunk before the (.+?) group, and then one for each
character in the group)

and what works is
SelectRow\('${major}\|(.+)'\)

Without the last ' it was matching everything in the (.+?) group, but
including the final tick, and without escaping the |, it was including
the | in the result also.

Thanks all!
--Kyle

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.