jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Bennett McElwee" <Bennett.McEl...@telecom.co.nz>
Subject RE: Bug: Post-processors run in reverse order?!
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 02:18:31 GMT
Sebb wrote:
> Yes, this was discovered/discussed here just recently.

What a coincidence... I'm just using JMeter again after an absence of 3
months, and just hit this problem.  I did search the list archives, but
didn't notice the discussion because it was in a seemingly unrelated
thread. I just wanted to be sure that this behaviour is consistent so I
can rely on simply reversing my postprocessors. It seems that this is
the case.

As always, thanks very much for your help, Sebb!

Cheerio,
Bennett

On 06/10/06, Bennett McElwee <Bennett.McElwee@telecom.co.nz> wrote:
> Post-processors seem to run in reverse order. For example:
>
> Sampler
>   +-- User Defined Variable (sets testVar to "first")
>   +-- Beanshell postprocessor 1 (writes "Post 1 " + testVar)
>   +-- Regular Expression Extractor (changes testVar to "second")
>   +-- Beanshell postprocessor 2 (writes "Post 2 " + testVar)
>
> In the log file, I expect:
>
>   Post 1 first
>   Post 2 second
>
> But instead I get
>
>   Post 2 first
>   Post 1 second
>
> This indicates that the three post-procs are called in reverse order.
>
> I noticed this while debugging my test plan this morning. When I
> realized what was happening, I reversed the order of my 5
postprocessors
> and all was fine. I tried a few simpler test cases and the behaviour
was
> consistent. It only happens for post-processors; preprocessors,
> assertions and configs seem to be OK.
>
> Running Jmeter 2.2, Java 1.4, WinXP.
>
> Is this a known problem at all?
>
> Thanks,
> Bennett.
> --
> Bennett McElwee
>
> This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not read it - please contact
me immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of this
communication or disclose anything about it. Thank you. Please note that
this communication does not designate an information system for the
purposes of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002.