jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FW: 401 Access Denied; NTLM authentication fails using HTTP Authorization Manager component; WebLogic server
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:42:37 GMT
On 13/10/06, McAbee, Kyle - BLS CTR <McAbee.Kyle@bls.gov> wrote:
> Dear Sebb and Janus Users List:
>
> Changed entry in HTTP Authorization Manager to use the network domain
> for network user and my network user name. Script playback still fails,
> but in a different way: the View Results Tree listener shows no
> showed failed responses.
>
> You wrote: ... Sun Java only supports NTLM on Windows.
>
> Does this mean that JMeter cannot use NTLM if the WebLogic server
> program is running on a non-Windows server machine?

I see now that the sentence was a bit ambiguous.

It means that Sun Java on Windows includes code to support NTLM; Sun
Java on other platforms does not support NTLM.

> Administrator for WebLogic server claims that server is not using NTLM.

If you connect from the local netowrk using MSIE, do you have to enter
any passwords, or does the browser connect automatically? And what
happens if you use a different browser?
For example one that does not support NTLM?

> If so, do not understand why sampler result would include:
>
> > WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate
> > WWW-Authenticate: NTLM

Me neither.

As far as I can tell, the Negotiate value is normally (only?) used
when the server offers more than one authentication method.

The weblogic server certainly appears to be offering NTLM.

If you have included all the headers, then it is not offering anything
else, which means the Negotiate serves no purpose...