jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: View Results Tree not showing responses
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:11:37 GMT
On 25/09/06, Choudhury@labware.com <Choudhury@labware.com> wrote:
> Yes Sebb.The response data type is not recognised. I am jotting down the
> Sampler Result Tab in two cases:
>
> Where the Listener shows the response Data(This is when I have set up the
> server in my own machine and the server is orion2.0.2 .It also works with
> Tomcat(same version as the one in our server machine)

What headers does the local Tomcat return?

> Thread Name: LIMS Test 1-1
> Sample Start: Mon Sep 25 19:00:29 IST 2006
> Load time: 47
> HTTP response code: 200
> HTTP response message: OK
>
> HTTP response headers:
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:30:29 GMT
> Server: Orion/2.0.2
> Set-Cookie: labware.lims_service=Default; Path=/labware
> Set-Cookie: labware.lims_service=Default; Path=/labware
> Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=PKINHNOKBCCK; Path=/
> Connection: Close
> pragma: no-cache
> cache-control: private
> expires: -1
>

> Where the Listener doesnt  show  response Data(This is when I have set up
> the server in separate machine in the network and the server is TomCat
> 5.0.19. Test against same version of Tomcat though works fine in my box )

But what headers does JMeter see in that case?

> Thread Name: LIMS Test 1-1
> Sample Start: Mon Sep 25 19:04:32 IST 2006
> Load time: 484
> HTTP response code: 200
> HTTP response message: OK
>
> HTTP response headers:
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=DC07D6BFA5E11EAC83A1644B83CA0855; Path=/labware
> Set-Cookie: labware.lims_service=Loreal
> Set-Cookie: labware.lims_service=Loreal
> pragma: no-cache
> cache-control: private
> expires: -1
> Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:34:19 GMT
> Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
>
> There are no errors in Jmeter.log file. As you can see Connection and
> Content-Type headers are not set in the second case. However in none of
> the cases I found Content-Length header.

Content-Length is not necessary for displaying the contents, however
Content-Type is essential - otherwise how does it know how to display
the content?

Not sure why the content-type should be missing in this case - is
there perhaps a proxy between JMeter and the server?

And what content-type do you get when Tomcat is running locally?