jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sending requests to jmeter at a certian speed
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:45:04 GMT
Can't you just login more than once in the same thread?
If you login, but don't logout, the previous session will still be
active surely?

In which case, you can use far fewer threads.

S.
On 25/09/06, Alex Turner <Alex.Turner@project-network.com> wrote:
> Srivansan,
>

> Is that 1000 connections or 1000 users?  It sounds like you want to create 1000 sessions
as there is some form of session management system (license control maybe).  In which case
this is getting complex.  I is possible to do this using the proxy server variables and samplers
– but I have not got the time to figure it out for you :-(

> Does anyone on the list has an example of managing a fixed number of sessions at once?
 It is not something I have hanging around as we don't have a user limit.

> Also – please contact me through the list rather than directly :-)
>

> Thanks
>

> AJ
>

> Alexander J Turner Ph.D.
> HYPERLINK "http://www.deployview.com"www.deployview.com
> HYPERLINK "http://www.nerds-central.blogspot.com"www.nerds-central.blogspot.com
> HYPERLINK "http://www.project-network.com"www.project-network.com
>
>   _____

habdle uo to thousand users.If thousand and one user is tryin to login then the system wont
allow that user to log in.so my client is askin me to test for 1000 random users....No issues
with the software configuration.they are ready to put even up to 8 GB ram.so kindly suggest
me..

> On 9/25/06, Alex Turner <HYPERLINK "mailto:Alex.Turner@project-network.com"Alex.Turner@project-network.com>
wrote:

> Srinivasan,
>

> 1000 users is not an easy thing to test.  Does that mean 1000 user or 1000 concurrent
connections from JMeter to the server.  If you mean the latter, that would require 1000 threads
from JMeter.   What operating system are you running JMeter from?  Unless you have a truly
HUGE test machine, getting JMeter to spawn 1000 threads is going to be impossible.

> I have attached a test script to increases the load progressively from 1 to 384 concurrent
connections.  This works OK on my 3.6 P4 HT machine with windows XP.  The only problem is
that you will have to increase the number of user sockets for this to work or your client
machine will run out of sockets – if it is Windows.  If you are running on some form of
unix then any adjustment will depend on which form of unix you are using.

> The attached test script is a basically the same as the one I used to perform the tests
described in the following posts:

\nhttp://deployview.com/blog/2006/09/tagnet-thrashes-apache-at-its-own-game.html

> HYPERLINK "http://deployview.com/blog/2006/09/adventures-with-iis.html" \nhttp://deployview.com/blog/2006/09/adventures-with-iis.html
>

> Cheers
>

> AJ
>

> Alexander J Turner Ph.D.
> HYPERLINK "http://www.deployview.com/" \nwww.deployview.com
> HYPERLINK "http://www.nerds-central.blogspot.com/" \nwww.nerds-central.blogspot.com
> HYPERLINK "http://www.project-network.com/" \nwww.project-network.com
>
>   _____

for testing upto 1000 users.just get me both client and the server configuration so that it
will be helpful for me..

> Regards
>
> Pradeep.S
>

> On 9/22/06, Alex Turner <HYPERLINK "mailto:Alex.Turner@project-network.com" \n Alex.Turner@project-network.com>
wrote:

> I am sorry - I have been in meetings all day today and will be tomorrow!
>

> I might be able to help over the weekend or Monday :-(
>

> AJ
>

> Dr Alexander J Turner
>
> Project Network
>
> +44 (0) 7917 065072
>
> Con Call: 0870 241 3425/3342654#
>

>   _____

u give me ur suggestion plz.I really need the solution and its urgent.can u suggest me some
thing regarding that.