jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Greg.Pe...@MDSUK.COM
Subject using properties in a thread group scheduler
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:04:16 GMT
Hello

I've been asked to write a load testing script which needs to be
distributed on over 10 JMeter client machines, because of the large load
created. Due to the large number of clients I've decided not to use
JMeter's remote testing capabilities. To coordinate the running of my test
I planned to use a properties file referenced when starting JMeter; my
tests are run in non-gui mode. I hoped to use property values for the
scheduler start time, end time, startup delay and duration. Unfortunately
when creating my script I'm unable to reference a property value (ie using
${__P(blahblah)} ) in the scheduler start and end time fields. The other
fields are fine, I guess the GUI must be doing some validation on the time
fields. Please tell me I'm doing something daft ;-)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Greg Peace