jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Turner" <Alex.Tur...@Project-Network.com>
Subject RE: TPN POSSIBLE SPAM:RE: How to use HTTP Proxy Server
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:15:42 GMT
1) Find you what your normal proxy settings are for your browser.
2) Follow the instructions below:

2.4.2 Using a Proxy Server

    If you are testing from behind a firewall/proxy server, you may need to provide JMeter
with the firewall/proxy server hostname and port number. To do so, run the jmeter.bat/jmeter
file from a command line with the following parameters:

    -h [proxy server hostname or ip address]
    -p [proxy server port]

    Example : jmeter -h my.proxy.server -p 8000

Cheers

AJ

Alexander J Turner Ph.D.
www.deployview.com
www.nerds-central.blogspot.com
www.project-network.com

-----Original Message-----
From: ajay [mailto:ajay_bollam@yahoo.com]
Sent: 30 August 2006 13:15
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: TPN POSSIBLE SPAM:RE: How to use HTTP Proxy Server

Hi,

Thanks for the Information kakoli.

I have tried like what ever you said.But it is showing the following error:

java.net.UnknownHostException: www.google.com
	at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown
Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:424)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:514)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.run(Proxy.java:112)

My Proxy settings for the Internet connection are different.Can you suggest
me, How can I overcome this problem..

Thanks,
Ajay