jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Turner" <Alex.Tur...@Project-Network.com>
Subject How to use HTTP Proxy Server
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:09:46 GMT
In IE you do the following:

Tools/Internet Options/Connections/LAN Settings

The click the checkbox for 'use a proxy server for your lan.

Then make the proxy server address localhost (is you are running JMeter on the same machine
as the browser and the port to what ever port you set JMeter's proxy server to (normally 8080).

Firefox:
Tools/Options/General/Connection Settings/

The click the radio button for 'Manual proxy configuration'.
Set the HTTP Proxy to localhost (as in IE) and the port to whatever JMeter has its proxy server
set to (as with IE).

If you are using a different browser - I don't know the answer.  However, I would suggest
you stick with Firefox for this as it is so well know and so you're less likely to get odd
effects.

Hope that helps

AJ

Alexander J Turner Ph.D.