jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Turner" <Alex.Tur...@Project-Network.com>
Subject RE: How to use HTTP Proxy Server
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:38:21 GMT
Ajay,

Is it possible that you have the concept a bit wrong?

If your browser normally uses a proxy, then you would have to tell JMeter to connect to that
proxy to get pages.  You then set up the proxy server in JMeter to the spec in the manual.
 Once this is done, you can set your browser to connect to the JMeter proxy.  The final system
'looks' like below:

Browser->[JMeterProxy->JMeterCore]->Your_Proxy ->Internet->Remote_Server

Cheers

Alexander J Turner Ph.D.

www.deployview.com
www.nerds-central.blogspot.com
www.project-network.com
-----Original Message-----
From: ajay [mailto:ajay_bollam@yahoo.com]
Sent: 30 August 2006 10:57
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: How to use HTTP Proxy Server

Hi,

I am a bit confused while using the HTTP Proxy Server in Jmeter. I have gone
through,
"http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/jmeter_proxy_step_by_step.pdf"
.

It is recording only for the example what they have mentioned in the above
url. I tried to implement it for the other sites also.But they have
mentioned the server name as "Localhost" and the port as "9090". My proxy
settings for the Internet access are different. JMeter is not recording with
my proxy settings.

Please, Can you suggest any solution for this...

Ajay