jmeter-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alex Turner" <Alex.Tur...@Project-Network.com>
Subject Need help being able to test non-wsdl SOAP web service with jmeter
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:29:06 GMT
I think the problem might be with the fact or way you are sending a file.  JMeter would appear
to be thinking that you want to send the file as a file-upload, rather than directly as the
body of a post.  The result seems to be that jmeter's file sending system is overriding your
header setting and replacing it with the standard file upload header (multipart form).  You
will probably find the file multi-part encoded as well :-(

I think the easiest solution to your problem is to use a SOAP/XML-RPC sampler.  Then open
your xml test file in a text editor, copy the contents and paste them into the data area for
the sampler.  Then the request will be send correctly.

Cheers

AJ

Alexander J Turner Ph.D.
www.project-network.com
www.deployview.com
www.funkifunctions.blogspot.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Karr, David [mailto:david.karr@wamu.net] 
Sent: 21 August 2006 21:24
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: TPN POSSIBLE SPAM:Need help being able to test non-wsdl SOAP web service with jmeter

Jmeter 2.2, JDK 1.4.2, WebLogic 8.1.4.

This is just a rehash of the note(s) I sent 2 days ago, but I haven't
seen any response, and I really could use some help with this.

I have a SOAP-based web service that uses an ordinary HTTP listener,
running on my localhost.  The service does not have a WSDL.  I have a
standalone tool that uses SAAJ/SOAPConnection to test this service.
That works fine.

I'm now trying to test this with Jmeter.  In my test plan, I added a
thread group, and in that I added a header manager, and then my http
request.  In the header manager I set the "Content-Type" header to
"text/xml".  In the http request, I set all the fields I believe are
relevant, which are name, host, port, POST method, file to send, and
path (beginning with "/", I assume).  I'm not sure what the "name"
attribute is for.  I saved the test plan.  I executed the "Start"
option.

At this point, I see an exception in my server log like this:

javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Unsupported Content-Type:
multipart/form-data

I don't understand why it's getting a Content-Type of
"multipart/form-data", as I'm setting the HTTP header "Content-Type" to
"text/xml".  Is Jmeter assuming it always sends a Content-Type of
"multipart/form-data", so it's sending both header values, and my
service only sees the "multipart/form-data" one?

I also tried using either an httpclient http request, or a
"Webservice(SOAP" request.  The results for these were different, in
that they appeared to do absolutely nothing.  I saw no results, and no
errors.

Note that I copied the weblogic.jar file into the jmeter/lib directory,
to get access to the various protocol classes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


-- 
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.11.3/423 - Release Date: 18/08/2006
 

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.11.3/423 - Release Date: 18/08/2006
 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message